- This week we have been thinking about the way we start sentences and how we can make them longer by adding reasons or extra details. By doing this our sentences become stronger and more persuasive.
The students chose which Sentence Starters to use. They wrote their sentence and then used Connectives (words that join two sentences) to add their reasons. Some even applied what we learnt about strong adjectives.
Here are some that they came up with:
- I believe that this cake is the best cake on the planet because it is crunchy and nice so people will come to our store. (Max)
- In my opinion, I want my friends to play a different game because this game is very boring and not fun. (Ian)
- I agree that you can go to the movie with your friend but not now because we are playing a game now. (Toma)
- In truth, a lot of animals are not feeling well in the cages of the zoos because I think the animals can't run or hunt so their power will become weaker. Also, they want to run around in the jungle or forest with their families. (Azusa)
- I believe that this cake is most delicious because my son made this cake. (Yutaro)
- I believe that this cake will make people feel happy because we use the freshest fruit to make this cake. (Hina)
- It has to be time that we can out with my friend because I am grown enough to go out alone with my friends and the most important thing is I also have to know the route. (Yeonbi)
- I really feel that my cake has such beautiful decoration and is delicious because I use the world's best milk and flour. (Xian Hang)
- You can give some free cake to the people and the people will think it is yummy. (Stephen)
- The cake is tasty so you should try it. (Koei)
- I think that two-square, four-square is the best game so we should play it. (Koharu)